Last modified: August 9, 2023
Red Mesa Science and Refining, LLC (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://www.redmesascience.com/ (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to personal information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising, Square payment processing (click link for Square’s T&Cs), Shippo (click link for Shippo’s T&Cs) or other delivery or fulfillment services, or otherwise) that may link to or be accessible from or through the Website. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of such third parties prior to providing any personal information to any third party application or content accessed through our Website.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under 18 may provide personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us through the contact information section found below.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number;
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners, payment processors, or parties that assist us in fulfilling or delivering products.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided when subscribing to our service or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- If you contact us, records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses).
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages/you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile; please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Legal Basis for Collecting Your Information
You are entitled to an explanation of the legal bases for why we collect your personal information. The legal bases for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it, which is discussed below.
- Consent – We may process your personal information based on your consent, such as when you purchase a product or ask us to send you certain marketing communications. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- To Perform a Contract- – We may process your personal information to administer and fulfill contractual obligations to you.
- To Enable Us to Comply with Our Legal Obligation – We may process your personal information to comply with the legal obligations to which we are subject. This may include any requirement to produce audited accounts, any legal obligation to share information with law enforcement agencies, public or governmental authorities, and to comply with legal processes.
- Necessary for the Exercise or Defense of Legal Claims – If you bring a claim against us or we bring a claim against you, we may process your personal information in relation to that claim.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services you request from us.
- To process and fulfill any orders you place through our Website, as well as to send you order confirmations and updates, and contact you regarding any issues regarding your order.
- To provide customer support relating to our Website or any of our products or services.
- To improve our products and services.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- For any other legal purpose.
We may use the information you collected to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Red Messa Science and Refining, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information for fraud protection and credit risk reduction with other companies and organizations.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your personal information used by the Company to promote our own you can opt-out by emailing us directly. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company due to a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by emailing us directly.
We do not control third party collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s Website.
Residents of certain states, such as California, Nevada, Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah, may have additional personal information rights and choices.
Your State Privacy Rights
State consumer privacy laws may provide their residents with additional rights regarding using their personal information. To learn more about California residents’ privacy rights, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa . California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email or write us.
Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah each provide their state residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether we process their personal information.
- Access and delete certain personal information.
- Data portability.
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
- Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia also provide their state residents with rights to:
- Correct inaccuracies in their personal information, taking into account the information’s nature processing purpose.
- Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
To exercise these rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your European Privacy Rights
If you are an individual in a country in the European Union or the UK, you may have the right to make requests to:
- Access the personal information we keep about you;
- Rectify inaccurate personal information;
- Place restrictions on our use of your personal information;
- Object to our use of your personal information;
- Ask Us to delete the personal information about you we hold;
- Have your personal information transferred to you or another party of your choosing; and
- Make a complaint to the relevant supervising authority
We describe these rights more fully below.
- Access your Personal Information – You have the right to confirm whether or not we are processing personal information about you and, if so, the right to be provided with the information contained in this notice. You also have the right to receive a copy of the personal information undergoing processing.
- Rectify Your Personal Information – You have the right to ask us to rectify any inaccurate personal information about you and to have incomplete personal data completed.
- Restrict Our Use of Your Personal Information – You have the right to ask us to place a restriction on our use of your personal information if one of the following applies to you:
- You contest the accuracy of the information that we hold about you while we verify its accuracy;
- We have used your information unlawfully, but you request us to restrict its use instead of erasing it;
- We no longer need the information for the purpose for which we collected it, but you need it to deal with a legal claim; or
- You have objected to Us using your information while we check whether our legitimate grounds override your right to object.
- Objecting to the Use of Your Personal Information – You have the right to object to our use of your personal information where our reason for using it is based on our legitimate interests or your consent (rather than when the reason for using it is to perform an obligation due to you under a contract with us).
- Delete Your Personal Information – You can ask us to delete your personal information if:
- We no longer need it for the purposes for which we collected it;
- We have been using it with no valid legal basis;
- We are obligated to erase it to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- We need your consent to use the information, and you withdraw consent;
- You object to us processing your personal information where our legal basis for doing so is our legitimate interests, and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing.
However, this right is not absolute. Even if you make a deletion request, we may need to retain certain information for legal or administrative purposes, such as record keeping, maintenance of opt-out requirements, defending or making legal claims, or detecting fraudulent activities.
If you do exercise a valid right to have your personal information deleted, please keep in mind that deletion by third parties to whom the information has been provided might not be immediate and that the deleted information may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period (but will not be available to others).
- Transfer your Personal Information – You can ask us to transfer your personal information by placing a request directly with us and when the request and personal information relate to processes conducted solely by us.
- How to Exercise Your Rights – If you would like to make a request to exercise your rights mentioned above, please contact us by emailing us at the address found in this notice.
International Data Transfer
The personal information you provide in the EU or an EAA member state will be transferred to the United States. The General Data Protection Regulation permits such transfer when necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us if we obtain your explicit consent to such a transfer or if it is in our legitimate interest to transfer the personal information. The laws in the United States may not be as protective of your privacy as those in your location. If we transfer personal information from the EU, we will provide an appropriate safeguard such as binding corporate rules, standard data protection clauses, or your consent.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website, like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumventing any privacy settings or security measures on the Website.